Tuesday, October 16, 2007

WARNING: IF YOU'RE A DIE-HARD FAN OF SINGAPORE CHINESE DRAMAS, PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS ENTRY AS IT MAY OFFEND YOU. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION.

Seriously, does Mediacorp have anymore ideas? Why do they like to copy Hong Kong dramas? Okay, fine. I admit that I'm your die-hard HK Dramas and I love HK Dramas more than SG Dramas.

WAIT!

Before you point a finger at me and send my blog entry to Mediacorp, please read my rest of the post first.

CASE #1: Metamorphosis VS Forensic Heroes

INFORMATION:

Metamorphosis cast: Rui En, Terence Cao, Chen Han Wei etc.
Forensic Heroes cast: Bobby Au-Yeung, Yoyo Mung, Frankie Lam, Linda Chung

Seriously, they just changed the storyline a little, but the main idea is there. Meta is about a police team that is led by SG's rising star Rui En while Forensic is a mixture of weird cases and the police team is also led by a female actress Yoyo Mung. I don't watch Meta but I heard that it has a mixture of weird cases as well and it's VERY, I dare say it again, VERY gruesome. Forensic is not so gruesome BUT their cases are not ordinary cases like, "I-killed-a-lady-and-I-ran-away-then-the-police-caught-me-hiding" sort of cases. For example, the "copy cat" case where Charmaine Li copied Frankie Lam's books. Frankie Lam write murder books and when a series of murderers appears, Charmaine Li gets angry because these murderers got off the hook therefore, she uses the techniques that Frankie Lam wrote in his books. (The Black Suit one is freaky.)

CASE #2: Man of House VS My Family

INFORMATION:

Man of House Cast: Li Wenhai, Vincent Ng, Alan Tern, Wang Yuqing, Eelyn Kok, Janelle Chin, Phyllis Sim
My Family Cast: Hawick Lau, Alex Fong Lik Sun, Sam Chan, Chung King Fei, Ha YU, Shirley Yeung

Seriously, this series reminds me of My Family where the Grandfather, played by Chung King Fei, goes into retirement and the son, played by Ha Yu, enforces these rules to keep his youngest son, played by Sam Chan (Anne's note: HE'S HOT.), away from the TV and so on. There were many problems in the family, like Chung King Fei contracting Parkinson's disease. Under Ha Yu's control, everything went wrong. He drove apart his family members one by one, but he still didn't realize he was wrong! Then came the two sons, Hawick Lau and Alex Fong. Both of them like the same girl who is played by Shirley Yeung. Then, a love triangle forms.

Man of House is roughly the same except that the father's wife was to divorce him whereas in Family the wife is a faithful one.

Now you know why I hate Chinese Dramas in Channel 8 so much?! Grrr...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home