Sunday, July 20, 2008

REVIEW: Forensic Heroes II



Another disappointment. That's why they say that sequels are never as good as the original ones. This is one of my most anticipated series for 2008, but it has totally let me down.

The cases have all been really wrong, they don't really capture me much. Unlike in Forensic Heroes I where there were many interesting cases. It seemed as if Producer Miu hasn't got any more ideas on cases.

The love relationships were a drag, especially Kevin and Charmaine's. Their addition to this sequel has actually made this series really boring. Charmaine cannot act as a police officer, she doesn't have the 'face' and the voice to portray her character "Bell". Kevin is as suave as always, but I still think that he doesn't suit this type of shows, I somehow don't see him having a serious face when he has scenes which require him to be serious. I still prefer him to act in light-hearted series.

What captured me in this sequel was Bobby and Yoyo's relationship. It was because of them that I wanted to watch this sequel. They have chemistry with each other.

What I hated the most about this sequel was the reduced time of Yoyo's character "Siu Yau". It was totally a mess! In every episode, I only saw "Belle", "Belle" and more "Belle". "Siu Yau"'s screentime had been reduced dramatically, if you compare her screentime in Forensic Heroes I to Forensic Heroes II, the original had more of her screentime. They focused everything on "Belle". Also, TVB's tactic of getting rid of an unwanted character is to "send them away to another country for further studies" or "to kill him/her off". "Siu Yau" got sent away to England to study. It was so obvious that TVB wanted to get rid of her character.

Overall, this series has been a huge disappointment. Everything has changed in this series, the cases didn't catch my attention during the time I watched it. I would recommend you watch the original one instead. You can skip this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home