Sunday, October 26, 2008

Last One Standing Review



I was done with this like last Saturday, but I was so super lazy to write out a review.

I highly recommend this show to everyone as this show tells you not to judge a book by its cover, you also have to see what's inside a person. He can be some respected person, but if your heart is black, you'll never be respected.

I really loved the characters in this show, both the main leads and supporting leads. Roger Kwok's "Tong Lap Yin" was developed nicely, you could actually see the diffrence in his character from the starting of the series till the end. Lap Yin wanted fame, women and money. He had left everything behind him, thinking that nobody will know about his past. Kevin's "Cheung Sing-Hei" was also very enjoyable to watch. He knew that in order to find evidence to prove that he did not kill his stepfather 10 years ago, he had to be a "spy". He needed to change his appearance, he couldn't be the revengeful "Cheung Sing-Hei".

Gore and violence in this series was a must in this show, without them, this series cannot go on. Viewers have complained, but you can't do anything about it. Without gore and violence, you won't know where the series will head to.

Yoyo Mung's "Lei Pui-Ka" aka Carmen was nice to watch. However, her role in this series was not significant, it made me feel as if she was just put there to make Kevin and Roger have something else to fight each other for. Yes, I might be a huge fan of Yoyo, but her acting in this series was so-so, it did not impress me much. Her roles these days are almost all the same.

Kevin's acting impressed me so much. I've never really seen him act a role as serious as this before. Many hate his acting, but I think that he is really talented, and he can act in many roles, ranging from "happy" roles to evil roles.

I seriously want to tell all of you out there to watch this series. It is very impressing and it really pulled me in to watch. The chemistry between the characters are very enjoyable to watch. The Cheung Sing-Hei, Lei Pui-Ka and Tong Lap-Yin love triangle was also very enjoyable to watch.

Overall, this show has two thumbs up from me. The script was written well and the characters were well protrayed.

Also, I am anticipating "King of Pool".



I'm interested about Derek and Joyce's relationship. I loved them in Wars of In-Laws II and I want to watch them here together again. :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home